Friday, April 13, 2012

Yet Another Birthday

So I turned 38 on Wed. I didn't make a big deal about it since it wasn't the 4-0. What that happens, I'll be going into work with a bullhorn announcing that I'm turning 40 and gifts can be placed in the cube next to me. And any gifts worth less than $100 may be subject to regifting unless they are extremely cool.

But since that's still 2 years away, we just had a nice relaxing birthday at home. No party, just me and the fam. We'll be going out to eat with some close friends on Saturday, but that's it. I got home that evening (the day I finished my class) tired, but happy. Jenny had wanted to make me a nice meal, but since Jackson had been a pill all day, she wasn't able to get anything done, so we went out to eat. We picked up some taco bowls from Taco Cabana, then went next door to the McDonald's and ate while letting Jackson play in the playground.

Yup, we are that kind of people.

When we got home, Jenny ran in and got my gifts situated in our room while I stayed outside with Jackson. She finally called me in and I opened our door, greeted by this sight:



Yes, those are two skeletons in our bed, holding hands. Probably one of the best birthday gifts ever.

See, Halloween is one of my fav holidays, and now that we are getting a house, I get to decorate. She picked them up at a garage sale. :)

But the best part occurred while I was admiring the skeletons: Jackson, who just had Christmas and his second birthday in March, saw my wrapped gift on the bed. He wasted no time hopping up and tearing into it. Before I realized what was going on, he had almost completely finished opening it up (a melting clock), and by then, I was laughing so hard that I had to let him finish. He knew exactly what to do with a wrapped gift. :)

And then I busted out a little gift for Jenny (I flubbed her birthday, the details of which will remain forever unblogged) and gave her a birthday present from me - a card game called No Thanks! Quick, fun, and great for a group, large or small. She was very happy. And while we hugged, Jackson got busy again:



He is quite happy under there.

After this, we got him to bed and talked and watched a couple of shows before going to bed. All very relaxing!


Current mood: One Year Older

No comments:

Post a Comment