Thursday, April 5, 2012

Just the Two of Us

For Christmas, I gave Jenny a Day Off - 24+ hours away with some of her girlfriends where I take care of Jackson. With all the stress she's been under, it seemed like a great gift to give.

Well, she's cashed it in for the next 1 1/2 days - she left today at noon:30 and will return tomorrow evening, exact hour unknown, but definitely after Little Man has gone to bed. I'm frankly super excited for two reasons: 
  1. She reeeeaaaalllly needs the break. Really really. There are so many things she's been struggling with recently that to have some time off with two of the three ladies she loves the best in Texas (sadly, one of them, from Dallas, couldn't make it) will be a delightful rejuvenation. 
  2. I reeeeaaaalllly need some Daddy time with Jackson. Really really. Being gone so much is hard, and it's heartbreaking for every dad when their kids run out sobbing as they pull away in the car, but lucky me - I get to have that experience 2x/day. Once when I leave in the morning, and once when I leave to see clients at night. I can tell that he gets mad at me for being gone, and so having this dedicated time is going to be a blast.
There's going to be several fun activities:
  1. He's napping right now, but as soon as he's up, we're heading to a park.
  2. Papa Murphy's pizza for dinner! (still a maybe, but leaning that way)
  3. We picked up a Groupon for a local petting zoo, which will be first on the docket tomorrow morning.
  4. Shopping, which he enjoys doing with us
  5. Lots of playing with toys and reading books.
And in the meantime, I get to read a bunch of books for my Dale Carnegie class, plus the homework, clean the house, do dishes, wash clothes, and all the other fun stuff so that she comes home to a clean, stress-free house, which is part of the gift. Anticipating a horribly messy home is not a good way to enjoy time out, ya know?

Anyhoo, I hear him calling, so it's time to head 'em up and mooooooooove 'em out!


Current mood: Excited

No comments:

Post a Comment