Monday, April 9, 2012

Life Update Round Up!

So here's a bunch of smaller updates all in one shiny, easy-to-read package!

Overheard:


Last Christmas, our church asked me to be Santa for the Christmas party. Since we weren't sure Jackson would be comfortable sitting on Santa's lap, we let him watch me get dressed, and we even used the suit for some cute Christmas eve pics at home.

So today, he was looking at the Night Before Christmas book given to him by my folks, with a picture of Santa on the cover. I was standing there when Jenny pointed to the picture and asked him, "Who is that?", fully expecting him to say, "Santa!", but he pointed at me and said, "Daddy!"

LOL.

We have some work to re-mystify Santa with our child, it seems.

Dreams:


Neither of these deserved their own post, but last night I dreamed about Mitt Romney. I was working with him in some way, and I recall asking him some (what I felt were) hard questions. I have *no idea* what those questions were. :)

A couple of nights ago, I dreamed about the End of the World! The land was sinking into the ocean, and I needed to quickly jump onto land that was not sinking so as to not go down with it, but each time I landed, that land started sinking as well. If it sounds like a video game where you try to jump quickly past sinking platforms, that's because it's what it felt like. :) I made the last jump to safety and was somehow knocked out. When I awoke, it was three days later, and somehow, despite most of the world sinking into the ocean, all our infrastructure (cell phones, electricity, running water, etc) was up and running. The little island where I was had both Jenny and Jackson there, plus what remained of BYU campus. I am unsure if this was the remainder of BYU-Hawaii, or BYU-Provo, but it suuuuuuure was small....

Not much to the End of the World, really - no tidal waves or storms or plagues, just sinking platforms of land. At least now I know what will happen in December of this year. Working on my jumping skills as we speak.

Just the Two of Us, Redux:


Jackson did great during his first morning with Momma away. He cried for a little while, and then got better. When Jenny called to talk to him, he was fine when she hung up, or was too busy elsewhere to talk to her (that made me laugh!).We had a blast at the park, and he *loved* the little farm petting zoo. I loved that he had no fear of these much larger animals coming right up to him looking for food, like the sheep and llamas. However, he had no desire to ride the pony, so his courage had limits, evidently.

The little stinker only took a 30 minute nap, so I was unable to clean or shower or read or anything, though. I've never doubted how much Jenny does while I am work, but knowing how much attention Jackson needs, AND she can get anything at all done during the day gets my utmost respect. It does underscore how poorly I multitask. :)

Work:


Holy cow, work. It's picking up like crazy. I am getting so busy during the day that I have little time for anything else. Just finished a whole month of new hire training, getting ready to head up training on a worldwide project rolling out the ITIL processes (designed to optimize Service Desk management and Operations), plus several new clients rolling in that will require my attention as well. As well as the fact that I have been asked to head up the training for all the North American delivery centers. Since I'm just one guy, I mentioned to my boss that they will need to bring in someone else if they want all of this done right.

I mentioned in an earlier post concerning my Train the Trainer class - it is 98% finished, and I am immensely pleased with it. I hope it gets implemented on a larger scale than just our ITIL rollout and the Service Desk new hire.

Current mood: Busy

No comments:

Post a Comment