Friday, April 6, 2012

I love the little miracles

Around Tuesday, I noticed my thumb drive, normally attached to my keychain (and attached for the last 2 years), was missing. It was not loose in my pocket, nor was it in the pocket of any of my other pants. I didn't worry about it since I figured it would turn up in a couple of days when we moved things around.

But it didn't show up.

I have some personal data on that thing, so by last night, I was quite worried. I never ever let Jackson play with my keys because I like to know where they are at all times, and little kids have a tendency to lose (or break) important items they are allowed to play with. I scoured the house, the cars, our room, and nothing. I was hoping it didn't fall out of my pocket when I pulled my keys out somewhere, but I just didn't know where it could be.

So last week, my lower back and right at the base of my skull were hurting really bad - I went to my chiropractor for an adjustment on Monday. He said that if my back still hurt by Wed to call him and come in again on Friday (this morning). When I went to the gym on Wed, I noted that my lower back did indeed still hurt bad, so I scheduled an appt for this morning.

It wasn't until I was on the way there that I realized I might have lost it there, so when I walked in, I asked him if he or anyone else had found a thumb drive. He shook his head, so I went to the waiting area until he called for me. He walked in a couple minutes later and asked me what it looked like - small, flat, silver, doesn't look like a thumb drive since it folds in. He nodded, and said he had found it, but had thrown it away since he didn't know what it was. Lucky for me, the garbage goes out on Fridays, so we were able to locate it fairly quickly.

If my back hadn't still been hurting on Wed, I would not have thought to ask him about it until after today, after the garbage was gone and the drive was out of reach. Gratitude even for the seemingly negative things in our lives is a good thing. :)

PS - I am soooooo going to secure my personal data somewhere else.....


Current mood: Thankful

No comments:

Post a Comment