Monday, July 16, 2012

Game Days! Plural!

So after a long dearth of game days, I finally held one this last Saturday. The last Game Day was February of last year, so I haven't had one in almost 18 months. Since Saturdays off were few and far between, it wasn't until my client load dropped a bit that I could justify spending a day playing games instead of being with my family. I had several free or almost free (1 client only) Saturdays in a row, so I scheduled a game day and it was a rousing success.

Some guys from my church had never played Age of Renaissance (and we didn't play it the last game day we had, so it's been almost 2 years since I had a chance to play it), so we scheduled an all day event. We had two experienced strategy gamers, one dad and his 15 year old son, and one very smart guy who was interested but had never even played Settlers of Catan. We laid out the AoR board and played a practice game where I taught them the ropes, and then we got down to business in a real game. I won both games, only because it's so complicated and deep that it takes a few games to really get the hang of it. Everyone thoroughly enjoyed it.

Well, as I've mentioned before, we have 4 extra kids currently - our nephew and three nieces are staying with us for a month. They hail from Albuquerque, and Jenny will be driving them home, then swinging up to Mesa, Arizona to see her family there before heading home again. She leaves in around 2 weeks, and sans family, odds are good I'll be able to host 1 or maybe even 2 more game days, depending on other peoples' schedules. 

I've heard awesome things about Arkham Horror, but have never played it, so I may be able to squeeze in a game while she's gone. Yay! I'll enjoy it because my client load is picking up again soon(just scored 1 and possibly 2 more large referral sources), so after this round, it could be another 18 months before the next game day. 


Current mood: gaming delight

No comments:

Post a Comment