Wednesday, July 4, 2012

My Awesome Holiday (or How My Work Got In the Way of My Fun)

I'm a trainer for my job, and we were supposed to start a large new hire class last Monday. However, the contracting agencies screwed up, and this class of nine came in pieces at a time. The first wave arrived on Wednesday, the next wave came on Friday, and the last wave came on Monday.

The problem with this is that we had two weeks to finish new hire training, which is normally not a problem. In fact, it would normally not be a huge problem that they came in waves - irritating, but not a real problem. The real issue is that we have several new clients being transitioned in at this moment, and so the timing was critical.

So, yay! That means because the agencies screwed up, I had to work through most of today to train everyone in time for Friday. It's not SO bad because it works like flex-time for me. I'll just take off next Friday and get a 3 day weekend. But *still*.

Mumblegrumblehadtoworkonthe4thmumblegrumble.



Current mood: cranky

No comments:

Post a Comment