Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Child hilarity - Time outs

One of the best parts of being a parent is all the funny stuff your kid does/says. Jackson is finally getting to the stage where I start to see more of these, and I'm gonna blog as many as I can. :)

So a few nights ago, I was sitting next to him at the table, helping him eat. I gave him his water bottle, and looked away for a moment to answer a question Jenny asked. I glanced back just in time to see him huck his water bottle full force across the table. Well, throwing things when at the table is a no-no, so I put him in his crib for a 2 minute time out. He was upset, but calmed down by the time I got him out.

A little later that evening, I saw him pick up his animal puzzle (pieces are individual jungle animals) and grab the hippo piece. He threw the hippo piece across the ground, and said "No, no, hippo!" He then picked up the hippo, looked at me and said, "Hippo time out." He marched across the room to his crib, threw the hippo piece in, and marched back to room, to look me solemnly in the face and say again, "Hippo time out." Holding back a laugh, I nodded and answered, "Oh, did the hippo need a time out?" 

A couple minutes later, he went back in, got the hippo out of his crib, and showed it to me. He then threw his tiger across the room, and repeated the whole process ("Tiger time out" - which will be the name of my new band). Most of the animals spent a little time in the crib that night for time out. 

It's good to know that our lessons are having such an impact. :)


Current mood: giggly

No comments:

Post a Comment