Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Busy and exhausted

We are officially moved in, and during a very busy month to boot. For the last three weeks, I have either been out of town for most of the week, or I have been working day and night, Mon-Thurs, and Fri & Sat day.

This schedule amped this week up since I am both doing New Hire training and also delivering my Train the Trainer class twice, beginning at 7am, which means I have to be to work at 6:30, and from our new living space, that means I have to leave the house at 5:45. Makes for good OT, but I am about wore out.

In just a few weeks, this schedule should calm down since my Monday obligation will be over come June 18, and as long as I am not working at the office on Monday, I won't have to make up my counseling supervision meeting on Wed night. 

I have never been one to take a nap during the day - I have too much energy, so I just go go go all day until I drop at about 9pm. However, this week, I could easily take a long nap every day. I am very glad Memorial Day is next week so I get a brief break, but when June hits, we're having to do the closing on the new house and then move again.

Luckily, my folks are coming down to help us settle and unpack, so that takes a little pressure off, but I'll have to keep pushing hard until middle of June. Little breaks here and there, but no major schedule changes yet.

OK, that's not entirely true - my client load is dropping off (thank heavens!), so I am recovering most of my Saturdays. I may even be able to pull off a Game Day sometime very soon! Double yay! I don't mind the lower income right now while I recover from a year+ of serious pushing. It'll pick back up again, so I'm not worried.

But all said and done, I will be so glad​ when this next 4 weeks is done. Not to mention that Jenny is really morning sick, and with me gone all the time, it's turning into a huge blessing to be living with our friends briefly. Rachael has been an angel of service. I am so grateful for a church community that is willing to sacrifice.

I noted to an atheist friend that the strength of a community is directly related to the willingness of its members to sacrifice time and effort for each other. In our case, people we don't even know very well helped to pack and clean our apartment since neither Jenny nor I were able to do so. I don't know many folks who have that kind of community ready and waiting to sacrifice serious time, energy, and personal space when dire needs arise. I am a very fortunate guy.


Current mood: exhausted

No comments:

Post a Comment