Monday, March 19, 2012

Lucky Me!

So the downside to working two jobs and never getting even a single day off (Sundays are not days off for Mormons), aside from the building exhaustion, is never getting to spend any real length of time with my family. However, March has been a very light month for me, counselor-ly speaking. I've had my major clients out of town for 3 weeks, some other clients who were moving anyhow leave earlier than planned, and then other clients cancel due to vacations and such. 

I'm not worried about the money - anything I make from being a counselor is icing on the cake - so to suddenly have a month where I get to spend more time with my family is great. Heck, I actually had a whole Saturday off last week! Ecstacy, I tell you. I spent most of the day with Jackson while Jenny was off doing other things, and we had a blast moving small rocks from the bed to the floor in a glass lid for a couple of hours, and then going to a playground for 2 or 3 hours, and then reading books and putting him to bed, all just Him & Me. 

It was great because I hardly ever get to spend long amounts of time with him, and he's been mad at me lately, pushing me away and going for Momma instead. After Saturday, he's coming to me again. Yay! I love my baby so much!

And this Saturday, I only have one appt from 9-10:30, rather than my usual 7:30-5. Glorious freedom! We may go to the beach for the day. Looking forward to it! Since Jackson loved the beach the first (and only) time he went before, I'm sure he will love it again, as will his parents. Ahhhh..... relaxation on the beach. There really is nothing quiiiiite like it.

Current mood: Optimistic!

No comments:

Post a Comment