Monday, March 26, 2012

Life's not a beach

*sigh*

Sadly, we did not get to go to the beach on Saturday like I was hoping. I had thought it was 1 1/2-2 hours away, but we didn't bother to Mapquest our way there until Friday night, where we found it was 3+ hours away. Since I wouldn't get back from my client until 11am, and since neither Jenny or I are good night drivers, AND since we couldn't stay the night due to obligations Sunday morning, we were looking at a 6 or 7 hour round trip for 3-4 hours of beach time. 

No thanks.

Luckily, I start some external training tonight (the Dale Carnegie communication course), which counts for work hours, allowing me to take off 2-3 Fridays/month for the next 3 months! We'll make a beach trip in April! 

Current mood: Disappointed

No comments:

Post a Comment